Re: [OM] Which Flash?

Subject: Re: [OM] Which Flash?
From: Marko Vrabec <marko.vrabec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 22:02:42 +0200
Brian E. Robinson asked:
>Is there an after-market flash comparable (or better than) the Olympus
>flashes?

and Frank van Lindert told, among the other:
>the T-series flashes (not the F-280's) can be cascaded up to nine in
number.

Metz also produces a set of TTL multiconectors and cables which allow
you to chain their flashes in a TTL-controlled array. Their newer,
OM-incompatible models even have an option for wireless infrared remote
TTL control.

>Quantum and in particular Metz have very good systems. Metz will let
>you work with TTL as well, although you will need special adapters
>which work only with Olympus or another brand you buy them for.

Perhaps it should be added here that the price for that SCA adapter is
pretty small compared to the price of the flash unit. BTW, as I remember
from the B&H catalog, the Metz stuff in the U.S. goes for nearly the
same amount in US$ as they cost Deutschmarks in Germany, not to mention
the VAT refund, if you are non-EC resident?! At least something is
cheaper for us Europeans <sob>.

I've got a Metz 45 series flashgun. It is superb, only that the tiny
OM4t looks like a small accessory to the flash, not vice versa. But add
a winder or motor drive to your camera, and the combination will look
really professional ;-).

Regards, Marko