Re: [OM] Which Flash?

Subject: Re: [OM] Which Flash?
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 1998 10:10:04 GMT
On 4 Jul 98 18:53, ruckfogers@xxxxxxxx (Brian E. Robinson) wrote:

>I have an OM-4T and the complementary 280 full-synchro flash. I am
>thinking about getting something more powerful.
>
>The 280 has a guide number of 28 (ISO 100, meters at NORMAL "OTF" Flash
>Mode) or 91 (ISO 100, feet). The T32 has a guide number of 32 (ISO 100,
>meters) or 104 (ISO 100, feet). And the T45 has a guide number of 45
>(ISO 100, meters) or 146 (ISO 100, feet).
>
>The difference between the 280 and T32 seems minimal (91 vs. 104) for
>the price. But the T45 looks like it could give someone a sunburn.

The T-45 is nothing but a set of two T-32 tubes/reflectors, with other
electronics of course. (sqrt(2)*32 = 45). But the T-series flashes
(not the F-280's) can be cascaded up to nine in number. Of course this
is only useful in studio-like situations.

>Is there an after-market flash comparable (or better than) the Olympus
>flashes?

Quantum and in particular Metz have very good systems. Metz will let
you work with TTL as well, although you will need special adapters
which work only with Olympus or another brand you buy them for.

Frank.