Re: [OM] 2X TC becomes a 26mm auto tube... :-)

Subject: Re: [OM] 2X TC becomes a 26mm auto tube... :-)
From: Soenke Jansen <SoJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 1998 00:49:29 +0200
Shawn Wright wrote:

> I was worried about that also - I didn't measure it, but would guess that it's
> around 25mm diameter. In any case, the lens group unscrewed easily in one
> unit,
> so it would be easy to reassemble back to a 2X TC. (mine is marked Vivitar
> 2X-21, yours may be the same?) If vignetting is a problem, the black plate can
> be removed, although you would lose the auto lever in the process.
> I tried it with a 35/2.8 and 85/2 and saw no signs of vignetting in the
> finder. I haven't developed the film yet though.

Hi Shawn,
yes, it's the same 'Vivitar Automatic Tele Converter 2x21' (whatever the
21 stands for?). I like the idea of converting a converter. Please tell,
if there is a problem with vignetting in the developed slides or
negatives. Then, the ultimate solution might be to drill up or file open
the black plate a bit. There is lots of room for that. Thanks for the
info.

Cheers,
Soenke, Hamburg