RE: [OM] Re: Film Reflectance Variance and OM4 multi flash

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: Film Reflectance Variance and OM4 multi flash
From: "Chung, Stephen (D&B Telecom)" <ChungS@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 02:15:56 -0400
Hello All,

        this thread has drawn me out of lurk mode because it brings into
question the accuracy of Olympus OTF exposure metering.  I don't know
what the full implications are and I can't say I have a great deal to
contribute, other than to say with my own OM4 in auto mode and with Fuji
Sensia II or Konica Chrome R100 loaded I am getting good exposures.
Who can say, with the amount of non collaborative R&D going into film
emulsions there won't be significant differences in film reflectance?

        For me this business of film reflectance variance will be something to
consider when troubleshooting why brand/batch X of slide or B/W film
gives different exposure results compared to brand/batch Y.  Thanks Gary
R. and C.H. Ling for your input.

        While I'm posting, can anyone answer this query :- My OM4 cannot
simultaneously fire a T32 connected to the 5pin TTL socket and a non
dedicated flash off the PC Sync socket.  With both connected, only the
T32 will fire.  If I disconnect the T32, the non dedicated flash will
fire.  Is this by design or is something wrong with my OM4???  I can use
this same method on my OM1n for dual flash copy work (replacing shoe 4
with TTL connector type 4).   I'd like to be able to do the same with my
OM4.    One day I'll manage to get hold of a TTL multi connector.

Thanks and regards
S.C.