Re: [OM] FOCUSING

Subject: Re: [OM] FOCUSING
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 07:40:37 GMT
I always use almost exactly the same procedure as you ( C.H. Ling ) do
- it works very well. I recommend to take the back off the camera
while doing this test. Maybe it will save a hinge-life ;-)

The only thing I do not understand is why you place the piece of
focusing matte at a 45 degree angle? I just set it on the guide rails
in whatever position is convenient (of course it is large enough for
that).

BTW - I also use this method (with an old type 13 focusing screen
glued onto the guide rails of a no longer operating OM-1 with its back
removed) to teach schoolchildren about the camera. Very instructive
indeed!

Frank van Lindert.