Re: [OM] Hasselblad to launch 35mm camera

Subject: Re: [OM] Hasselblad to launch 35mm camera
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 22:03:39 -0800
Denton Taylor wrote:

>>>it seems Hasselblad are rumoured to be unveiling a new 35mm camera at
>photokina. [...] ARE YOU LISTENING OLYMPUS.>>
>
>That sounds pretty far-fetched.
>if 'blad offers a 35mm, [...] they would use Zeiss lenses.
>OTOH, where would that leave Contax/Kyocera? (which is why this REALLY
>dosn't make sense!) A Blad body that could use my existing Contax lenses?

My sentiments exactly. Not only would a new 35mm Hassy have to use
Zeiss lenses, they'd have to license the Y/C mount. This really makes
little economic sense for Kyocera, unless they succeeded in convincing
Hasselblad to lend their name to a Contax twin which may appeal to
some 'blad owners who have an overdeveloped sense of brand loyalty.

Another plausible explanation is that Hasselblad has seen the light,
and it's digital. Then, it would be logical to develop a new 35mm
platform, as a digital MF platform won't be feasible for quite some
time.

Of course, all this could be just another wild rumor or speculation.
Where else if not on the internet? :-)

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA