Re: [OM] list etiquette question - fs posts?

Subject: Re: [OM] list etiquette question - fs posts?
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 09:59:18
At 08:35 AM 6/20/1998 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm a new subscriber but I've been shooting with Olympus since 1977.
>I've noticed very few posts to this list of OM gear for sale. Those who
>do post fs aren't flamed like on certain newsgroups.  Is there a charter
>to the Olympus list? What is the practice here? Are for sale posts
>accepted?
>
>For the record, I think this list would be a good place for those who
>appreciate Olympus gear to deal with each other but it certainly could
>get out of hand if the dealers jump in.  And I have a shelf full of
>excess stuff myself....
>
>Gary Edwards

Hi Gary,

I think the FS posts are few because people on the list seem to be
acquiring more than selling. Nevertheless, the people do announce their
stuff and then (mostly) conclude the transactions privately. I don't think
there is a charter, but that seems to be the culture. Some dealers do get
flamed here, but no individuals have in the period I've been on the list.
Speaking for myself, I appreciate FS offers to the list before resorting to
NGs, etc.

... So what you got?

Joel