Re: FW: [OM] Manual vs Auto Mode?

Subject: Re: FW: [OM] Manual vs Auto Mode?
From: Richard Schätzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 08:39:16 +0200
David Irisarri Vila wrote:

> When I work with slides is so exciting!!!, I love zone
> system and I use to work with multispot, in order to put emphasis in my
> subject and to take into consideration the background, due to the short
> EV within slides.

> I love aperture priority because I can design my scene as I want very quick,
> and after concentrate on my subject, using AE lock to take several
> photos without losing my last spot values.

> Then 80pot metering.
>         10enter-weighted. (Much better than OM1)
>         10ormal OTF auto flash.

So do I.
I´ve just to add, that the Hi.Light and Shadow buttons are realy
usefull. There range with 5 stops is the same as the latitude of an
average slide film.
So if you want to take an picture based on the extremes. Just put
several spot meterings on the places with extremes, you like to render
with details, press the appropriate button and voilà perfect exposure.
This is most usefull in situations when there are no areas of neutral
gray.

Richard