Re: FW: [OM] Exclusively Oly

Subject: Re: FW: [OM] Exclusively Oly
From: "Ken Norton" <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 11:23:32 -0500
>Well, in June 97 Pop. Photo film compare, both KC25 and Velvia falled into
>the "Extreme Fine" range in granularity.

I love both Velvia and K25 for absolutely the sharpest trannies you can buy.
K25 is king of the hill though for accuracy in color.  Velvia may "look"
sharper but I find the grain structure to be similar to the Fujichrome 50
that it replaced--which was still supurb and my favorite film.

Speaking of fine grained films...  My supplier has about 10 rolls of
Ektar-25 in 120 format stuffed in the freezer.  If she will part with them
for cheeep I'll snag them up.  She had 20 rolls of Velvia in 120 format that
I bought for $1.50 a roll!  And 3 rolls of Kodachrome Professional for $1.00
a roll.  Needless to say, I'll be taking the Mamiya along with the Olympus
equipment on my vacation next week.

Ken N.