Re: [OM] Question on AC adapter for T32 flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Question on AC adapter for T32 flash
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 14:28:52 GMT
In Europe (at least Germany and the Netherlands) the AC adapater 3 was
never sold because it was electrically unsafe. it wasn't allowed by
the authorities, just for the same reason the 315 volt pack for the
old 310 flash was banned.
Nothing lost though. The AC adapter 2 is exactly the same as far as
the high AC voltage for the T-series flashes are concerned. And for 6
volt DC you can use any brand 6v voltage adapter. If you take a
regulated one, you have a far better piece of equipment than the AC
adapter 3 ever was. Only drawback is that you will need two wall
outlets.
And now I come to think of it: one of my Olympus literature sources
strongly advises to use 5 volts (instead of 6) for the modeling lights
of the macro flashes, prolonging their lifetime drastically. The
winders ask 4-6 volts, so 5v will do the job here as well.

Frank van Lindert.