Re: [OM] Reversing lenses for macro work

Subject: Re: [OM] Reversing lenses for macro work
From: "Paul Farrar" <farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 09:51:44 -0500 (CDT)

> I have the Olypus Auto Bellows, which I got new, but discounted as it had no
> instructions.  I understand that it supports reversing the lens - i.e.
> attaching the lens to the bellows by the filter threads.
>
> Can anyone explain how this is done? Even better, does anyone have a copy of
> the instructions which they could photocopy - I will gladly pay for copying
> and postage..

No. The front standard is reversed. You unfasten the set-screw that
attaches the bellows to the front standard, detach bellows, unscrew
retaining nut at front, rack the standard off the front end, turn it
around, rack back on, and clamp the bellows onto the lens front.

Olympus has been sending out photocopies for free. I can check to see
if I have mine when I get home.

Paul Farrar