Re: [OM] Reversing lenses for macro work

Subject: Re: [OM] Reversing lenses for macro work
From: "Doug Nowlin" <wa5ohb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 09:11:47 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Bloor <mikbloor@xxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, June 09, 1998 8:09 AM
Subject: [OM] Reversing lenses for macro work

>I have the Olypus Auto Bellows, which I got new, but discounted as it had
no
>instructions.  I understand that it supports reversing the lens - i.e.
>attaching the lens to the bellows by the filter threads.
>
>Can anyone explain how this is done? Even better, does anyone have a copy
of
>the instructions which they could photocopy - I will gladly pay for copying
>and postage..
>
>From Shipman:

To reverse the lens, loosen the set screw and remove front of the bellows
fabric from the Lens Mount Board. Take the Lens Mount Board off the bellows
rail, reverse it, and reinstall on the rail. Then clamp the bellows fabric
to the front of the lens - which points to the rear because the lens is
reversed.

He shows the retaining screw in the end of the rail removed, but this is not
covered in the text. I suppose he considered this to be obvious. I am very
disappointed that Olympus provides no other means of reversing the lens with
a double cable release. Third party reversing rings are available, but no
diaphragm operating ring exists AFAIK. I guess anyone wishing to do this
without the bellows can use Nikon lenses.

Doug