[OM] Re: Play in Frank's OM 2.8/8mm - fussy buyer

Subject: [OM] Re: Play in Frank's OM 2.8/8mm - fussy buyer
From: Helmut Dersch <der@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 15:12:40 +0200
Today I checked with the Olympus Service Center Europe in Hamburg about play
in lenses. The reply I got is essentially:

- new lenses have no  play
- a small play might develop during use, but does not affect image quality
- if the play gets too large the lens can be readjusted

The last point is the important one. The guy wouldn't make an estimate over
the  phone about the cost of such a repair , but it didn't sound to be very
involved.

This case is closed now for me. I hope I didn't scare others with
similar symptoms ;-)

Regards
Helmut Dersch