[OM] MJU-2 (Stylus Epic) Spot Mode

Subject: [OM] MJU-2 (Stylus Epic) Spot Mode
From: Mirko Cirkovic <Mirko.Cirkovic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 98 18:11:57 +0100 ( + )
Hi everybody!

I am confused after reading Instructions manual for Mju-2 (Stylus Epic
in USA) about the spot mode:

"Focus and exposure can be adjusted at different points from the
autofocus frame using the Spot mode." (p.68)

The instructions in French are not any more revealing (although
sometimes the translations do differ and can bring clarification).

I am not clear if it is possible to (1) lock the exposure metering and
then (2) to lock the focus? If yes, how is it done? Does anyone know
this?
Many thanks in advance.

Mirko