Re: [OM] Stylus Epic vs. XA vs. Y*sh*c* T-4 Super

Subject: Re: [OM] Stylus Epic vs. XA vs. Y*sh*c* T-4 Super
From: VELUWEH@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 06:17:32 -0400
>Any potentially useful facts (and opinions, as well) would be
>appreciated on these three "shirt-pocket cameras" to be used as
back-up.
>I'm trying to decide which to get.  BTW, it you have other suggestions,
>I'm all ears!  Thanks.

Can't give you any comment on those two Olys, but I'm very content with
the quality of the Yashica T5 (that's how the "T4 Super" is called
outside the US). I gave this camera last year to my girlfriend
(allowing me to take over her OM-10), and it gives very good results.
The 35/3.5 Carl Zeiss T* lens is very sharp  and produces no visible
distortions or dark corners. Its light metering system is very precise;
it allows you to use slide film. Autofocus works good, but is
unfortunately a bit slow; it gives a nasty time parallax between
pushing the button and taking the shot, even when AF is locked. A
unique property of this camera is its secondary top viewer which can be
used for ground level shots w/o the need to lay down, shots over
people's heads and stealth shots at waist level.

Hans