Re: [OM] Buena Park Oly fest

Subject: Re: [OM] Buena Park Oly fest
From: PCA Cala <PCACala@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 00:26:35 EDT
Hi Tom:

Good to hear about the OLY fest that I unfortunately missed.

> Kerry found a clean Winder 1 for $45.  Later I found that the lower
>  plastic housing on my winder was cracked BUT the winder seems to work
>  fine.

That sounds exactly like one I passed up 2 months ago at a Vegas pawn shop for
$19 (asking price).  I pointed out that it was cracked and I figured they
would pull it from stock, but they didn't.  I bet they sold it for $10 or so.

As far as the S. Utah/Las Vegas OLY fest, Clive and Babs rendevoued with Susie
and I at the Whitehouse trail head to the Paria Canyon.  They went on to our
campsite at Paria Movie Set and enjoyed shooting there, while Susie and I
hiked into canyon for 4.2 miles.  I'd been the full 35 mile length 20 years
ago and unfortunately found upon return visit the first 4.2 miles to be pretty
but unspectacular.  I dragged all the OLY gear and my 4x5 gear too far
considering I didn't shoot a single 4x5.

After some morning group shots at the campfire (with C*n*n, P*n*ax, Toyo,
Olympus and Koni-Omega cameras), we went in my 4WD to the Pareah Townsite and
photographed ruins of the old Morman settlement.  Clearly a case of 4
photographers having four different visions.  One of the doorways of a rock
slab house made for a nice portrait setting.  It'll be fun to see the results.

It was nice to bridge the Atlantic with OLY as the common bond.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV