Re: [OM] SuperFP flash emission

Subject: Re: [OM] SuperFP flash emission
From: VELUWEH@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 06:16:36 -0400
>Can I use  superFP flash in  Auto  mode under 1/60 in order to blur
>the background, or itos no worth using this  long emission because
when
>you shoot at  1/60  or slower there is a point  in  time when the whole
>area of the film surface is exposed  simultaneously  and the flash will
>fire at this moment and never before any part of the film is exposed to
>light?

The F280 manual says, referring to the Super FP flash mode,  that when
the Auto shutter speeds on the OM-4Ti drops below 1/60 sec., you should
switch the camera to manual mode. I'm not quite sure what happens when
you ignore this - the flash will probably not fire (?). Since the F280
super FP flash duration is between 1/25 and 1/50 sec. on the OM-4Ti, I
guess this means it will be 1/25 sec when using manual mode on the
camera. Longer shutter speeds than 1/15 would only allow any available
light to have more influence.

Hans