[OM] Exposure compensation

Subject: [OM] Exposure compensation
From: David Irisarri Vila <valicors@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 08:44:20 +0200
How works this system? It´s like a spot metering in order to use it
with flash? When the  background  is  darker than the subject, what
happens with shutter control?
1. The flash intensity is reduced.
2. The flash intensity is always the same but  the  shutter is opened
more time in order to capture the background, reducing the speed with
danger of handshaking.

Would be a good idea to spot a value from the face of the subject
(ie. 1/8s) and to take another value from the deep background (ie. 1/2s)
and after clear the values from the memory and put -2 exp values in
the exposure compensation dial and fire with flash?

Please I would be very pleased if somebody could help me with this.

Best regards

Dave