Re: [OM] 8mm Fisheye-lenses for OM

Subject: Re: [OM] 8mm Fisheye-lenses for OM
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 16:10:02 -0400
>I need some advice on getting an 8mm fisheye lens for my OM1,
>which I am planning to use for virtual reality panoramas.
>I am now using an old Spiratone which works but is not
>very sharp.

I have both a 8mm and 16mm. I'm not an expert on VR, but I would think that
the 8mm would be a bad choice, since it makes a circle on the film. The
16mm might be better, but even then I question it, because the edges of the
photo will be distorted. I think your best choice would be a straight
ultra-wide, which in Zuiko-land would be the 18 3.5. And don't forget the
8mm is around $1,000 used, if you can find one.

You might want to check the Oly gallery and also my personal gallery below.
i have samples of both the 8 and 16.