Re: [OM] Tokyo - To Peter!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Tokyo - To Peter!!
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 May 1998 22:04:11 +0000
I think Peter was using the word with an Australian flavour to it.

In OZ, the word can have a great deal of affection attached to it,
such as - "G'day you old B******".  It can indicate admiration/envy
and be a compliment, when used in the manner Peter did, which is how
I took it.  With the right delivery and intonation the word can even
take on it's original derogatory usage, though not in the context
Peter used it - at least for an Antipodean.

The English language can be very tricky.

Giles