[OM] So what's the lizard eating after all!!!

Subject: [OM] So what's the lizard eating after all!!!
From: Konrad Pizzuto <pizzuto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 23:57:45 -0700
Hey guys,

Thanks so much for such cool comments about my 'lizard' and baby fuzzy
animal!!!

Actually, the 'lizard' is a Mediterranean Cameleon, that orange blob
sagging beneath its mouth is its tongue, and that black spec to the
right is a fly approximately 1/500 of a second before its death!!
And I say 1/500 because at the speed I was shooting, by the time the
mirror flapped back after the exposure, she was... uh dog-meat?!?!

Also, that baby thing is an Algerian Hedgehog.  I found that cool mammal
in my garden once, before we had our gates installed and I just couldn't
resist the shot.  Of course, I had to wait for half an hour on my knees
and elbows with a Zuiko 50mm/1.8 MC (etc) at F1.8 with the sun long set
and dusk coming to an end.  I think it was a 1/30 of a second shot... it
was that or nothing!!  Sorry for the lack of depth of field on that one,
perhaps I should have focused slightly behind the eyes to make full use
of the limited depth of field, but I was still learning.  Oh yes, the
film was an Agfachrome 100 I think.

Anyway, if someone wants some more biology lessons :) just mail me!!
I'm from Malta, a little island some 30km from end to end in the middle
of the mediterranean between Sicily and Tunisia.

I'm studying engineering, uh, I'm 20 years old, I just survived a severe
carcrash unscathed, and I have an OM-10 with a Zuiko 50mm/1.8MC
(brilliant lens) and a Makinon 28-80/3.5 (well, when you've used a Zuiko
for so long.....)

phew....

anyway, thanks for the nice comments,

...ever wondered how Buddhists seem so attached to our brilliant little
camera system?.... om....om....

cheers

Konrad Pizzuto

--