[OM] Re: OM Flash connector

Subject: [OM] Re: OM Flash connector
From: Debrux <Debrux@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 May 1998 06:22:03 EDT

As a newcomer to this list, can I ask advice on a technical problem.  I
 recently bought a TTL Auto Connector Type 4 and a short cable second hand from
 a dealer at a camera fair.  I can't say he was shifty because compared to some
 of them he wasn't - another dealer was trying to sell a 28mm F3.5 Zuiko for
 £65UKP that I swear must have been in a washing machine and then 'repaired'
 with a hammer and a tin of black paint.

When I connected up my OM2N and  T-32 flash it was immediately apparent there
 was a problem.  The flash fired as soon as it was charged up and carried on
 firing until it was disconnected.  This suggests to me there's probably a
 short somewhere.  The problem is presumably in the new items as the flash
 works perfectly on camera.  The cable and connector appear to be sealed units
 and show no signs of having been tampered with.   If they are sealed, can they
 be (economically) repaired?  I'm reluctant to throw them away and start again
 as the price being charged in camera shops  for six inches of flex here works
 out more expensive than gold chain!