Re: [OM] Local equipment

Subject: Re: [OM] Local equipment
From: Andre Goforth <goforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 12:15:59 -0700
Gary,

Thanks for the offer but it does sound a bit too narly. I am still smarting
over some "great buys" at the latest local camera show.  You zest dunno
what lurks under the hood! All I ever learned about buying used cars can be
transferred to used photo gear.

On occasion on this list there is a lot of bragging on fanstastic deals
that list members have got-$250 for a 250mm f2.  How about telling
confessions of getting lemons or getting jinxed equipment...something is
always misbehaving or loves to inhabit  repair shops that try and try  to
make it well.

Sometimes I wonder if investing in a meter and shutter checker may be a
wise thing to do. There are portable varieties available for about 300 to
400 dollars.

Andre
San Carlos, CA