Re: [OM] Zuiko 200/f4

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 200/f4
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 11:12:27 -0500
At 10:01 AM 5/2/1998 EDT, you wrote:
>Hi Ara:
>
>> I just bought a zuiko 200/f4 from KEH and I have
>>  >already packed it to be sent back.
>
>Let us know if you have any problems doing this return.  I think we would
love
>to hear a follow-up to this lemon lens tale.
>
>Gary Reese
>Las Vegas, NV

Gary,

I've bought a number of things from KEH, but never anything rated less than
EX, until emboldened by someone's report of a good buy on a BGN lens, I
popped for a BGN 85/f2. The glass looked really good, but you could move
the aperture ring only with the greatest difficulty and the diaphram was a
trifle sticky. I called them up and told them I felt the lens was actually
defective rather than BGN and made arrangements to trade it for an EX (plus
the difference in $$$, of course) and *they* covered the shipping both
ways. I'd rather have had the BGN lens at the lower price and in perfect
working order, but I still think KEH are great people to deal with.  I
actually look forward to transactions with them.

Joel