Re: [OM] Lighting close up photos (+5 bodies)

Subject: Re: [OM] Lighting close up photos (+5 bodies)
From: The Family <fotolady@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 23:51:08 -0400
At 04:10 PM 4/29/98 +0200, you wrote:
>On Mar, 28 apr 1998 7:12, The Family <mailto:fotolady@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>  5) 800 Fuji with Art O's old Vivitar 70-210mm Series 1 f2.8-4
>
>Sorry, what or who is Art O?
>
>Marco        (Read the stories below too)

Art O is Art Ozsvath who sold a lot of used gear here on the NG about 2
months ago.  We (wife, daughter, and I) bought from him, 4 of the
cleanest/mint used OM pieces we've ever seen.  My mistake in the original
comment was that everyone doesn't remember everyone else's sales :)
We also got 2 things from Lee H.        Do not adjust your set.
    RAMBLINGS
As someone else said, it's easy to justify up to 8 body-lens setups.  No
argument here.  So often a single scene can justify 3-4 films.  Try an
airshow with Infra-Red film.  Nothing like a shot of an F-15 from the rear
at full throttle and tilted at 45 degrees on center, pulling G's...on a
cloudy day.  The exhaust is surreal and moisture trails off the wing tips
are black.  We don't go anywhere without SFX 200 IR in one body.  (this
film works well in OM-Auto or program modes without unusual compensations)

And out west....well here's the story.  While shooting rocks at Three
Rivers Petroglyphs site north of Alamogordo, NM, all 3 cameras were loaded
with 100 speed film and 28/35/135mm Zuik's.  Out of nowhere a B-117 banks
right around the hill and I'm looking DOWN at the pilots shoulder straps.
Wrong film, wrong lens and a lot of noise.  From that day forth I've tried
to keep one camera loaded with 800 Fuji and the 100-400mm or 70-210mm lens
(have 4).  Actually the 135mm/f3.5 would have done OK but the last frame
was shot seconds before the plane blew by.

Same thing goes for zoo trips.  Often my wife and I would finish rolls at
the same time and something worth shooting occurs while changing films.
After the 4th or 5th time this happened, we developed a new loading
technique.  A 3rd body with a 70-210mm Tokina SD lens is in one of our
hands as the other changes film.  That's paid off and my wife has some
memorable shots of unexpected wildlife apearances, especially out West.
One of the things you don't hear at most landscape workshops is that camera
noises attract wildlife and when the noise stops, the curious come out.
Maybe that's a feature of those louder OM2S's  :)

Keep gathering, you'll need 'em,

Jim (and Barbara)