[OM] Zuiko 200/f4

Subject: [OM] Zuiko 200/f4
From: Ara Oshagan <oshagan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 19:24:16 -0700
Dear OMites,

I am new to the mailing list and have learned a tremendous lot from your
discussions: technical and not. This list must be one of the best in
existence. It is a pleasure to be able to "listen" in.

Now for a query. I just bought a zuiko 200/f4 from KEH and I have
already packed it to be sent back. The problems: 1) does not focus at
infinity and  2)I see a ton of color fringing on edges (bluishness in
this case). I suspect the latter is due to non-APO-ness. Has anyone run
across these problems? With lens? All my other zuikos are fantastically
sharp and with very accurate color rendition. The quality of this  one
was quite dissapointing... and surprinsing: I guess even zuikos can be
lemons.

I am now considering buying a 2x tele-converter instead of that huge
lens. Not much gained economically, but a lot in weight and perhaps a
bit of image quality loss. Is that case?

Ara Oshagan
Santa Monica