Re: [OM] bokeh

Subject: Re: [OM] bokeh
From: "John Austin" <j_austin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 13:37:28 -0700
>>Well, I recall something about the big expensive Zuiko
>>250mm and 350mm telephoto lenses having a lot of "Bokeh"

There may be something to that. For those that have the official Olympus
System Lens Handbook, check out the picture examples they use for the above
lenses. They really do seem to seperate the subject from the background.
It's not just so much making the background out of focus, there seems to be
an almost three dimensional quality to the photos. The picture of the owl
especially seems to exhibit this.

Regards,
John Austin
Oakland, CA