Re: [OM] - OM4 blues, advice needed. / Battery drain / T32

Subject: Re: [OM] - OM4 blues, advice needed. / Battery drain / T32
From: Mike Bloor <mikbloor@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 18:27:01 +0100
My OM4, bought soon after they were introduced, was repaired by Olympus
London some time later.  They told me that it had been fitted with a new
design of circuit board which reduced battery drain.

Prior to that it was awful.  Since then it's OK, but still uses batteries
about 3 times as fast as an OM2n.

The only real soloution is to turn the shutter speed to the manual 60th of a
second setting when the camera is not being used.

I use a T32 flash and Olympus also told me that this draws current from the
OM4 when attached to the hot shoe, but not if attached by a TTL auto cable.