Re: [OM] Re: mountaineers

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: mountaineers
From: PCA Cala <PCACala@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 01:52:07 EDT
Hi Teemu:

> And I had always thought that Nikon FM2 is the mountaineers favourite
>  "brick"...

I couldn't let this one go by since it's my favorite "whipping boy" -
marketing and advertisers:

I guess that depends on how many Nikon was able to give away to climbers.  It
is kind of like saying Nike is the favorite shoe of Olympic runners.  All
depends on who is outfitting who.  Doesn't really bear a resemblence to what
is best for a given photo shoot (or race).

I wonder what lens went with the FM2?  Since they all weight so much, perhaps
the plastic E-series 50 mm, or the pancake 40-odd mm f/2.8 GN lens.  Or maybe
the Sherpas carried the stuff!

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV