Re: [OM] Roadrunners in my OM-1...

Subject: Re: [OM] Roadrunners in my OM-1...
From: "Thomas H. Hogan" <flzhgn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 11:20:17 -0700
Well Siri, I'm not sure but this sounds like a problem that I
encountered some years ago:

  Check the camera with a cable release locking the "B" time
  exposure open, the mirror locked up, the back open and lens
  removed.  Hold the camera up to a bright diffuse light
  or room window.

  Now look carefully for a fine bit of wire sticking up and out
  of the corner where the "black smudge" (shadow?)

  Move the mirror up and down, get a flash light (torch) and look
  for something that would make a Roadrunner silhouette on your film.

  I was confounded by a stray piece of metal that protruded out
  from one side in a situation similar to the one you've described.

  It was so small that I could not see it until I had the right
illumination.  I grapped it with a pair of Dumont number five
fine surgical forceps and pulled it out which was difficult.

 I beleive it may have been a piece of metal that was shaved off
 by mounting a tight fitting lens mount or T-ring.

 Good luck,

 I hope this helps.

Hank Hogan <flzhgn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

--
Hank Hogan --

BTW,  I'm looking for a job as a biological science research
    technician.  If you know of anyone who might need a technician
    with my skills (see resume on my home page) please let me know.
--
Thomas ?Hank? Hogan
Biologist, Photographer, Web Designer