Re: [OM] 80mm and 135mm Macro lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] 80mm and 135mm Macro lenses
From: PCA Cala <PCACala@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 01:30:04 EDT
Hi BW & Foxy:

> they both contain glass [in the rear tube], I have no idea why.

I would surmise that 1) it prevents them being mounted directly onto the OM
body (which wouldn't provide correct focusing), 2) the design was necessitated
by the various magnification ranges when using bellows for the full line of
macro lenses (20 to 135 mm), and 3) it provides a more compact external
appearance and better balance when mounted on the bellows or telescoping
extension tube.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV