Re: [OM] Olympus and our Craft

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus and our Craft
From: ONLYOLY BW <ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 00:08:48 EDT
In a message dated 98-04-17 22:32:18 EDT,
Pat you write:
<<  the next day it worked fine; (iso200 f11 1/250sec full sunlight). >>
Snip!
Hi Pat,
Sounds like you are really enjoying your new om1 and learning alot about
exposure.  Just so you know "Sunny 16 Rule" states you should get f16 not f11
with iso 200 under full sunlight if your subject is medium toned.  So, your
meter may still be off 1 stop.
Also, I have been told (and I think I read about it in a book on camera
repair) that there is a wire connection that will erode over time in the OM1
and cause the meter needle to hesitate or become sluggish when you first turn
the meter on and even cause the meter not to work at all.  I understand, this
is a fairly simple re-soldiering job and will repair the meter.
Good Luck
BW