Re: [OM] Temporary Failure of Camera's Electronic Functions

Subject: Re: [OM] Temporary Failure of Camera's Electronic Functions
From: John Hermanson <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 10:11:24 -0400
Before you do anything, check all your rubber button controls on the camera,
especially the rewind override button.  If ANY of the rubber buttons are pushed
too hard, the rubber part can get hung up on  the edge of the surrounding
plastic and stay jammed in the  hole  in the "ON" position.
When this happens the camera thinks you are trying to use this function and
all other controls will cease to function.  No zoom, no shutter release etc.
Many people push the rewind button in with a metal pen tip and push it hard
enough to cut it and jam it inside, locking everything.

John