Re: [OM] Temporary Failure of Camera's Electronic Functions

Subject: Re: [OM] Temporary Failure of Camera's Electronic Functions
From: Meg Ryan <megryan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 14:03:33 -0400
At 09:07 AM 4/12/1998 -0700, Thomas H. Hogan wrote:
>Well, I'm just guessing because you mentioned damp weather.
>        Was the wind blowing at the same time?

Probably so in Martinique, since I was on bluff overlooking the sea, but
the New Zealand problem began in a cave with air that was quite still as
far as I remember!

>I'm asking because I've encountered some amazing voltage drops
>with my cameras in such weather.  I found that protecting my
>battery or camera under my jacket where it was shielded from
>both wind and rain helped tremendously.

I do use an EWA rain cover that I adapted to fit the IS-3, but it only
drapes over the camera rather than fully enclosing it.

[snip]

>One of those EWA transparent plastic glove bag housings might be
>the solution--does anyone know if they make one to fit an IS-3?

I'd like to see an answer to this question if anyone has one.

Many thanks for your response, Hank!  I visited your web site and
particularly enjoyed your biological images -- I'm retired from college
biology teaching and still love natural history in its many aspects.

Meg Caldwell Ryan
Silver Spring, Maryland, USA
e-mail:  megryan@xxxxxxxxx