Re: [OM] Price Increase/Thanks Paul

Subject: Re: [OM] Price Increase/Thanks Paul
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 10:18:57 -0400

I thought you were a businessman, Denton.

Why help Olympus to get rid of that high pile of 20mm macro lenses
they are stuck with? I think that is precisely why the price increase
was announced, and it might also explain the differences between the
increase percentages

I am a businessman, and I disagree. If one has an overstock, one reduces
prices. One doesn't increase them.

Try finding one used; you'll see they're impossible to find, even at
dealers. I have been looking for one for a year or more. David Brown posts
a WTB ad every two weeks on usenet for a 20 or a 38, and hasn't found one.

According to your logic, Oly's selling OM3Ti's like hotcakes, (no increase)
while 4Ti's are collecting dust. Doesn't add up :-)

Regards,
Denton