Re: [OM] OTF light metering w / 280 Flash

Subject: Re: [OM] OTF light metering w / 280 Flash
From: ONLYOLY BW <ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 23:41:39 EDT
In a message dated 98-04-08 14:20:35 EDT,
Richard you write:
<< the image projected on the shutter curtain patern. Does the OM-3Ti have
 a pattern on the shutter curtain?
 Is there someone who knows how the FP exposure is calculated? >>

Snip !
Hi Richard,
I sure hope you can help this dummy figure out this 280, it is driveing me mad
as well.  I also thought the OTF metering controlled the output in Super FP
Mode, but the OM3Ti manual says you can set the lever to TTL Auto or X, then
set the shutter speed and aperture according to the chart, it has no control
like in TTL.  Therefore, I guess ?? with the camera in manual mode and the
flash in  FP Mode, we use it just like the old manual flashes?? It just gives
us the long 1/25 sec duration flash so we can use higher shutter speeds. With
the OM4T, I guess we can set the camera to Manual and do the same thing??
Right?  But how does the OM4T control the exposure with the camera in Auto
mode and flash in Super FP mode.  Would not the camera control the shutter
speed, increasing or decreasing as needed??
The Dummy BW