Re: [OM] Stuck Lens unstuck

Subject: Re: [OM] Stuck Lens unstuck
From: Andre Goforth <goforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 20:11:31 -0700
Well, I took the camera to one of the grandest camera stores in the San
Francisco Bay Area, Keeble and Shucat and the savy repairman there had the
lens off in minutes flat.  I was so excited! But, where is that pesky screw
oh so tiny? We looked and looked and shook the camera and turned it upside
down but no screw. So I took his advise and had them ship it off to
Olympus. My imagination went rampant:Tiny screw makes camera BER (beyond
economic repair).

It is probably the uglest 4T around but with prices rising and after a look
see at C*N*A* cameras ( with Denton Taylor's switch), I am amazed at how
much is packed into the Olympus 4T.  Can you believe that C*N*A* has
separate manual models that are identical, except where one comes with
average metering and the other with spot. Why not  put both in one camera
body like at 4T which is over a decade old? Just $1400 for one of these
C*N*A* bodies.  Nice lens, very very compact but the bodies...they are
hefalumps!

Denton, good luck.  I'll keep scrounging for Oly stuff.

Andre

San Carlos, CA