[OM] OM on the FRONT cover of the National Geographic

Subject: [OM] OM on the FRONT cover of the National Geographic
From: Robert Ashdown <RobertA@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 08:39:09 +1000
OM trivia part276

Someone recently (sorry, forgotten who) was talking about all the
National Geographic Olympus ads. It's fun checking these out, I
particularly like the old OM2 one that has the cutaway drawing of the
camera with various bits and pieces.

I stumbled across a National Geographic on the weekend that has OM on
the back AND the front covers! It's Vol 154, No. 4, October 1978. The
back has an ad for the new OM2, the front cover has a shot of Koko the
gorilla photographing herself in a mirror with an OM2!

There's another shot of the gorilla with the camera on page 464.

I haven't read the article closely, however I believe they explain how
this primate went on to select the OM2 from a table of various brand
SLRs. Reseachers no doubt are using the fact that Koko chose OM to back
their theories of the extraordinary intelligence of these primates.

Cheers
Ashdown