[OM] OM Module for Sunpak 444D flash

Subject: [OM] OM Module for Sunpak 444D flash
From: "Kenneth E. Rosen" <73312.537@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 09:45:01 -0500
Gary Reese wrote:

>>Anyone know of a source for a flash shoe module to link a Sunpak auto 444
flash with an OM-G?  I'm getting the camera ready for my daughter and
thought
I'd convert an unused flash that has a Konica KX-1D module on it.
If no one seems to come forth, perhaps someone knowledgable in the Sunpak
series can tell me the model of module I need.  There is an overpriced
dealer
in town that MIGHT have one.<<

According to a Sunpak brochure I have, the Olympus module for the 444D
flash is "OT-1D - Product #1049."  B&H might still have them. They did as
of last fall when I was considering buying that flash.

Note, however, that the OM-G does not support TTL flash control. With the
OM-G, you would only be able to use the 444D flash in its automatic and
manual modes. If the Konica module you have will trigger the flash when
mounted on the OM-G, you might as well use it.

Ken Rosen
73312.537@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(OM list lurker who just spent his income tax refund on an OM-3ti)