Re: [OM] Autofocus 35-70 zoom

Subject: Re: [OM] Autofocus 35-70 zoom
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 1998 14:01:19 GMT
On Fri,  3 Apr 1998 18:25:40, -0500, PRWT64B@xxxxxxxxxxx (MR THOMAS K
GROSS) wrote:

>Let me be sure I understand.  Are you saying that this particular
>lens would be autofocusing on my OM2??

Be careful here.
Several Olympus 35-70 Af's have been made.
Only one of them is the Zuiko 35-70 Auto-zoom auto-focus, which will
fit all Om-cameras and provide them indeed with autofocus capability.
This lens is to be recognized by built-in motor and battery
compartment, and a couple of switches on its left side. On the front,
under the lens ring (on the battery compartment) is writen auto focus.

This lens was originally meant for the OM-30 or OM-F, which had the
most profit of the auto-focus. With this camera you can focus by
lightly touching the exposure button. With all other OM-s you will
have to use the switches on the lens itself for focusing.

Great thing about this lens is, that when connected to a motor drive
or winder on the OM-F through a (cheap) in-focus-trigger cord, you can
have the lens/camera combination wait for something to come in focus
and then make the exposure all by itself.

Frank van Lindert,
Utrecht NL.