Re: [OM] Back from Sonora/Mojave

Subject: Re: [OM] Back from Sonora/Mojave
From: PCA Cala <PCACala@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 10:49:00 EST
Hi Garth:

> now if only a few more members would contribute, mebbe I'd be able to set
> something really nice up.

Duely noted!  This gives me reason to exercise my new HP PhotoSmart Photo
Scanner.

I have a new shot of a rushing seasonal waterfall here at Red Rock Canyon
National Conservation Area.  I took it while it was foggy and snowing,
initially with my framing lens (the 35-70 mm f/3.5~4.5 Zuiko).  Noticing that
I was nearly at 35 mm, I switched to a 35 mm f/2.8 Zuiko, but then realized
that I wanted the falls themselves as large as possible.  So I backed myself
into the walls of an alcove, just short of needing the Varimagnifinder, and
donned the 50 f/2.0 Macro Zuiko.  That was the one!   Very unusual framing.
I'm finding that I need to avoid the tendency to use wide angles if I have
background details that are important, like distant peaks.

Luckily I was at the end of a roll, so I got to shoot it on Royal Gold 25 in
addition to some Kodachrome 64 I'm trying to rid myself of.  It should also be
interesting to compare the three lenses and two films, although I was shooting
at f/16 and 22.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV