Re: [OM] "IS" Series Battery Drain

Subject: Re: [OM] "IS" Series Battery Drain
From: "BGA Services, Inc." <bga_svcs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 1990 05:23:53 -0500
John Hermanson...

> [...]
> If the back door is left open, camera goes into standby mode, high drain.
> These characteristics  pertain to all IS models.  There may be other high
> drain
> modes.

Could very well be.
        Once we got the filter off of it and replaced the batteries, I took it
home to pla^a^A^E^Evaluate it Tuesday night...  I shot a short roll of
film but
(conveniently) forgot to bring it back to the office yesterday.  Last
night I
shot some more pics of my cat without any problems and the battery meter
indicated that they were still fresh.
        Seems the general consensus is that the filter has nothing to do with
it, so I'm beginning to think it might be the way they're storing it.
The
little case that came with it was filthy and looked like they had it
crammed
in a bag with some miscellaneous crap (a stoning has been schedualled
for
noon!). Quite possibly the shutter release button was depressed while
the
camera was in it's case - Could this be the missing link??

excuse me....***!!!COULD THIS BE THE MISSING LINK!!!!***

(couldn't resist!)

Thanks to everyone for you're help & comments (you too, Paul -
sincerely)
Bethany