Re: [OM] 200mm/5 (Was OM-2S Meter Question)

Subject: Re: [OM] 200mm/5 (Was OM-2S Meter Question)
From: Tomoko Yamamoto <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 21:58:26 -0500
I had to go to Shawn's archives directory to look up the question on the
200mm/5.

I cannot tell you how sharp an image the 200mm/5 gives, because I don't
have a 200mm/4 or 180mm/2.8 to compare with.  I have been happy with the
lens except for the slowness, but I found out the strength of the 200mm/5
lies in its compactness and light weight by holding a friend's 200mm/4.  I
generally use the 200mm/4 with a tripod because I normally stop down more
than open the aperture wide although I find it possible to use the
135mm/3.5 handheld at high shutter speeds.

The selection of the lens depends on the style of photography and the
subject you do.

In photography, your equipment helps, but your vision and techniques count
more.

Tomoko Yamamoto
Photographer, Composer, Soprano
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/
-All the photos (except panorama) with OM's-
http://ep.com/ep/csp.html?csp=1130
-Olympus Equipment Classifieds-