Re: [OM] Lenses as supplementaries (reversed 50 on 200)

Subject: Re: [OM] Lenses as supplementaries (reversed 50 on 200)
From: Tomoko Yamamoto <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 17:40:41 -0500
I wrote a few days ago:
>The 49mm ring I have does not show the name of the manufacturer.  "M49-M49
Japan" is all it says.

>B&H and Porters list them in their catalogs.  Depending on the company,
these rings are called by different names, Macro Coupler, Lens-to-Lens
Stacking Ring, Adapter Ring.  Don't confuse these with standard lens
reversal rings.  These rings come with male filter threads on both sides.
Some of them even have different filter threads on either sides to stack
lenses with different filter sizes.  I bought one at my local store for
$6.95.  The prices at mail-order places are about the same.

>According to John Shaw, "your local camera store should be able to order
male-to-male coupling rings from either of two camera-accessories
distributors, Kalt Corporation or Dotline Corporation".  I tried to find
more about these companies on the Internet, but I could not find anything
about them.  Tomorrow I will call my camera store to find out abou more,
but I doubt that they know the manufacturer's name.
I got additional information on the possible source of macro couplers.  My
local store, being in the US, buys from Quantaray Group, and the salesman
(a 35-year-long veteran at the store) did not know who makes these things.
(The store does carry generic brand and Quantaray brand couplers)
Quantaray Group is only good for US stores to buy camera accessories.

Possible manufacturers of the macro coupler are: Hoya, Asanuma and the
following two companies:

Kenritsu Products Co. Ltd.
16-1 Taio 3 chome, Taito-ku, Tokyo 110, Japan  (Tel.: 3-3834-3886-3887;
Fax: 3-3832-6443)

Kenro Ltd.
The Oppenheimer Centre, Greenbridge Rd, Swindon SN3 3LH UK (Tel.: 01793
615836; Fax: 01793 513561)

I hope that your local store can locate a macro coupler you need.

Tomoko Yamamoto
Photographer, Composer, Soprano
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/
-All the photos (except panorama) with OM's-
http://ep.com/ep/csp.html?csp=1130
-Olympus Equipment Classifieds-