Re: [OM] The real subject - Slide copier to interneg, not Article on Oly

Subject: Re: [OM] The real subject - Slide copier to interneg, not Article on Olympus 35RC
From: "John Petrush" <jpetrush@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 18:26:36 -0500

>> SNIP

>> Wait a minute, that wasn't my advice (at least not in this lifetime) it
>> was John P's along with the Olympus 35RC subject line.

Well, I guess John P didn't phrase that very well.  what I *meant* was with
tungsten or photoflood light, then the properly balanced tungsten film makes
filters unnecessary.  Of course, with electronic flash, major filtration is
required with tungsten film.  OTOH, daylight film with flash needs no
filtration.  Sorry for the poor wording.

The point I didn't make well was that by using photofloods, its so easy to
see exactly how the slide is aligned in the copier and make exacting
focusing adjustments because its nice and bright.

>There were internegative films that do not need flashing but they do
>require lots of filtration and I don't know if it was available in other
>than 100' rolls.I think that the exposure had something to do with the
>contrast.I really don't have any experience with true internegative
>films and I could be wrong.-Gene

I've scouted Kodak's site high and low and only find interneg films in long
roll and sheet sizes.

John P