Re: [OM] Slide copier to print

Subject: Re: [OM] Slide copier to print
From: "John A. Prosper" <prosper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 08:36:16 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 19 Feb 1998, Richard Schätzl wrote:

|Chung, Stephen (D&B Telecom) wrote:
|
|snip...
|> I fished about on Dejanews last night for further information about
|> internegative films.  Apparently Kodak makes one but it is available in
|> bulk rolls only and I guess it would be the same case with other
|> manufacturers.  Alternatively another person recommended Fuji NPS which
|> being low contrast could be suitable for internegative work.  What other
|> low contrast films should I keep in mind for this purpose?
|
|AGFA Portrait film has a low contrast too.

Yes, Agfa Portrait is great for this.  Generally speaking,
you may want to experiment with the professional portrait
films which have very good resolution figures.  All films
designated as professional portrait have low contrast.
Using one with relatively high resolution would help to
ensure the copy is faithful without the disturbing increase
of contrast that ordinary contrast (e.g., Kodachrome 25) and
high contrast films (e.g., Technical Pan) provides---
although it may be possible to lower the contrast of
Technical Pan  to sufficiently low levels with the
appropriat developer.  Of course since Technical Pan is a
black and white film, it probably won't help you at all
unless you want a monochrome internegative.