Re: [OM] Eagles - Oh no! Not again!

Subject: Re: [OM] Eagles - Oh no! Not again!
From: Ken Norton <kenorton@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 16:35:32 -0600
>Ditto. However, Ken, I'm still unclear on the role eagles were/are
>playing in this happy tale. Isn't this job reserved for the storks?

The storks came under attack by the Department of Commerce for anti-trust
law violations.  They no longer have the exclusive distribution rights to
babies.  The Eagle Union fought long and hard to bust this monopoly.
Unfortunately, the eagles have lousy quality control and the babies are
usually delivered with talon marks and diaper rash.

>P.S. Here's my unsolicited stock market tip to Olympians/Zuiks:
>run out and buy shares of companies that make disposable diapers.

Huggies.  They have these neat Velcro tapes instead of adhesive tapes which
can stick to the baby if you are not careful.  Funny story:  My wife was
going to be one of these "perfect woman" types who was going to breastfeed
(can you say that here?) and use cloth diapers.  Well, day 1 and the baby
chomps down.  Forget that.  Day 14, baby wears the first cloth diaper.
First really loaded one Karen looks at, soaks it in the toilet and promptly
goes and buys a huge stock of Huggies.

Cloth diapers are great with camera equipment though.  You can use them to
wrap a lens in and they will keep it reasonably padded.  Not only that, the
cotton won't scratch lenses if you need to use one to clean a smudge off.
I had three or four that Karen confiscated for burp towels.  I'm thinking
that disposables would be good with the cameras--they are even waterproof!

Ken Norton