[OM] OM-2000 Finally got mine

Subject: [OM] OM-2000 Finally got mine
From: "SGOGGIN.AU.ORACLE.COM" <SGOGGIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03 Feb 98 13:57:47 +1100

Hello All,

 I finally got my OM2000 a few days ago.   My first impressions are that it
is
a nice camera to use,  I don't like the shutter speed on the top of the
camera.  It's especially a pain in teh ass to use whilst having to press the
shutter button to see the meter.

Also compared to the OM10's and OM20 I have already, it does feel a lot more
plastic and flimsy.   All of the dials and knobs appear to be a little loose
and rattly.   Compared to the Lowly OM10 it's not as accuratley built, the
knobs seem to be a pretty poor fit.  I especially hate the flimsy peice of
crap they have used for the self timer, I reckon within a few years this
will
definitely fall off.

Does anyone find the viewfind harder to see images in that the OM10.  I
never
had any problems seeing the image in the OM10, but when I use my 135 f2.8 on
the OM200 unless my eye is in exactly the right spot I get some shadowing on
the screen.

Inside the mirror box the camera looks very much like my OM10,  I wonder if
can pull the focus screen out like I can on the OM10 (with a bit of
butchery)
and swap it for something else?

So as a summary,

   1.  I would like to see a meter time delay so that I can adjust the
shutter
       speed without holding the shutter release button.
   2.  Maybe is Olympus could replace some of the cheap plastic buttons with
better quality metal ones the camera will feel a lot more solid.  Everything
else on it is OK.

I have never owned a true all manual camera before, so maybe the above
comments are not necessarily valid.   Overall I do like the camera, and will
use it as my general work horse.  Simply because I can go out and buy a new
one when I break it, but getting the older OM10's and 20's repaire is a lot
harder.

Anyway have some good Oly fun.

Stuart