Re: [OM] Versions of Zuiko 50mm f 1.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Versions of Zuiko 50mm f 1.8
From: Chris Weir <chris.a.weir@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 19:44:26 +0100
An additional point about all Olympus kit.
Serial numbers are not a reliable guide to exact age, or type. I have a
50mm f1.8, marked OM System on the decor ring with an earlier serial number
than known M System marked lenses. I also have a slightly higher serial
number lens which has slotted screws in the mount, which were used for
early manufacture. Parts could have been changed.