[OM] Bubbleliciousness on the cheap

Subject: [OM] Bubbleliciousness on the cheap
From: usher99--- via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 20:20:19 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: "usher99@xxxxxxx" <usher99@xxxxxxx>
I've admired the the Meyer Optik Görlitz Trioplan 100 F2.8 original for years
and the newly manufactured version has better haptics and a bit more contrast
and excellent coatings.  The classic versions for the 50's used to be a hundred
bucks or so but now are a bit crazy in price.  There is something about using a
true classic vintage lens, however.  The new ones are about 1000 bucks and a
bit of a stretch for a specialty lens.  Trioplan 100 f2.8 II | Meyer Optik
Görlitz - Unique lenses with character (meyer-optik-goerlitz.com)

Now there is a quick cheap knock-off.  I wish the build quality were a bit
better and at least some effective coatings to reduce flare but at least it is
an option. It is a cooke triplet after all and not that difficult to make.
Curiously the unique bokeh was considered a defect back in the day.

https://petapixel.com/2023/08/07/ttartisans-new-100mm-f-2-8-lens-embraces-soap-bubble-bokeh/

What say thou?

Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble, Mike